of prisons. The program is a prisoner education program for nonviolent offenders aimed at giving inmates the skills they need to obtain jobs after their sentence has been served. A state senator would like to assess the effectiveness of the program. Below are the re-arrest rate data for 9 county prisons that implemented the program. For county prisons, the population mean is equal to 68.1% and the population standard deviation is 4.6.?
Prisoner Education Program Implemented
1. Your assignment is to place yourself into the shoes of a researcher hired to determine if the program is effective. You are asked to statistically determine the effectiveness of the program by using the data above to conduct a hypothesis test (with a statistical analysis that has been covered thus far in this course).
-Indicate?wither?your?test?is?one-tailed?or?two-tailed?and?why?your?choice?is?appropriate.Clearly indicate your null and alternative hypotheses (using appropriate symbols).
Indicate what alpha level you have chosen and why, as well as the important critical value(s).
Calculate your test statistic for the sample and show all of your work.
State you decision and conclusions as to the effectiveness of the program.
What scale of measurement is used for re-arrest rates?
2. Design an alternative research project to further explore ways to reduce recidivism (i.e. examining other factors which could help reduce repeat offenses and/or re-arrest).
Fully describe your study's methodology [e.g., who would participate, how you would control for other factors which may impact recidivism, what participants in the study would experience, the type of study (true experiment, quasi-experiment, or correlational study)].
Clearly state your null and alternative hypotheses (it is fine to state these in words, not symbols).
Clearly state your independent variable(s) and how many levels/conditions of your independent variable(s) you would use.
How would you operationalize recidivism and what scale of measurement is used fr recidivism in your proposed study??
Can you analyze the effectiveness of this program using any of the statistical tests we have covered thus far in the course? Explain why or why not.
This question was answered on: Apr 19, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Apr 19, 2020EXPERT
YES, THIS IS LEGAL
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.